Меню в шапке
Market research Russia’s Online Economy : How Residents of Large and Medium-Sized Cities and Small Settlements Make Purchases, Payments and Earn
PayPal and Data Insight have presented the results of the fifth jubilee research of the Russian e-commerce study. According to the results, e-commerce continues to grow each year through engaging millions of new users into the purchases, sales, payments and online transfers, as well as through diversifying and deepening this engagement.
- Though unevenly, the digital economy is growing all over the country
- 65% of the Russian Internet users have at least once bought goods online
- The share of those shopping both in Russia and abroad is soaring — from 12% to 19%
- The fastest growth of e-commerce is mainly in small settlements
- The involvement in e-commerce is growing faster among Internet users from towns, residential communities and villages
- The main reason why Russians choose online shopping is that it is easy to search for goods and compare them
- Free delivery is the best conversion driver
- One in seven online users (14%) said that they use no or almost no cash
- Fears of online payments are still large, but abstract.
Data for the study were collected through an online survey conducted by Data Insight in April 2018 and was commissioned by PayPal. The survey was conducted using the «river sampling» method, an invitation of respondents through advertisements placed on various sites, with the help of Online Interviewer. The sample size is more than 4000 people. The sample (built with quotas by sex, age and macroregion) represents Internet users aged 18-64 living in all types of settlements throughout Russia.
About Data Insight
Data Insight is the first specialized agency in the field of Internet research in Russia, founded in 2010 by Boris Ovchinnikov and Fedor Virin. The company provides analytics and consulting services on the markets for e-commerce and online advertising. Data Insight’s research is based on active monitoring of the market, critical analysis of a full range of available data and combining of various research methodologies. For more information, visit www.datainsight.ru.
At PayPal (Nasdaq: PYPL), we are fully convinced that access to financial services contributes to the creation of new opportunities, so we strive to democratize financial services, thereby empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 23 7 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies. For more information about PayPal, visit https://www.paypal.com/about. Financial information about PayPal can be found at https://investor.paypal-corp.com.