Меню в шапке
Market research E-commerce in Russia 2020. Annual report
Data Insight published the annual report «eCommerce in Russia 2020», which contains key figures for 2020 and data on the Internet, online shopping, online store delivery, shoppers, and consumer behaviour.
- The volume of e-commerce market in Russia amounted to 2.7 trillion rubbles and 830 million orders.
- Data Insight Forecast: The Russian e-commerce market will grow by 34% by 2024.
- An increasing percentage of the Russian population is choosing smartphones to access the Internet. DESKTOP EXCLUSIVE accounted for 25% of the Internet audience in Russia over the year.
- In 2020, the number of online B2C orders increased by 78%. Almost 50% of online orders came from large universal marketplaces.
- Online С2С market in monetary terms grew by 87% in 1.5 years, its annual volume amounted to 1.06 trillion rubbles in 2020, while 568 billion in H2 2018 — H1 2019.
- The volume of the online retail export market in Russia amounted to $ 1.16 billion. Compared to last year, the number of items increased by 11.7 million, while the average check decreased by 19%.
- According to Data Insight estimates, 601 million shipments were delivered in three quarters of 2020 alone. This is 27% more than in 2019. The difference with the first three quarters of 2019 is 82%.
- Top 3 categories of the largest Russian online stores: electronics and appliances, household goods and repairs, clothing, and footwear.
- When choosing a payment method, almost 80% of buyers look at the size of the commission. For 25% of them, the commission is the first thing they pay attention to during the purchase. When making a purchasing decision, most buyers look at the 75% payment convenience.
#Markets and market nichesAuto Parts Online Market Data Insight presents the results of "Auto Parts Online Market" research.
23 April 2020
Clients about us
“The research agency Data Insight is our long-term partner, with whom we have been cooperating for more than five years. Since 2016, together we have been annually conducting a unique study of the online retail export market from Russia. The results of the Data Insight study give all players and regulators of the Russian retail export industry access to the insights of small and medium-sized businesses, which allows them to identify growth points and build the right strategies for further development. Thanks to our joint research, eBay was able to implement many projects in Russia, both regional and federal. The key ones were the Export Regions initiative, the promotion of a zero VAT rate for online exporters, as well as a number of regional programs to support entrepreneurs. We hope that together with Data Insight we will continue to successfully develop the retail online export and e-commerce market in Russia.”